Easily Set Or Reset
Chrome’s Spell Checker Language
Recently, my Chrome browser’s dictionary decided to step out for a wee nip of tea…
And decided that I’d be returning to the English mother-tongue! ;)
I love my UK friends but I prefer my USA vocabulary… so Chrome needed to return home ASAP!
Fortunately, it’s really easy to change which language Chrome uses for it’s built in spell checking dictionary….
Change Chrome’s Default Language
1. In the upper right hand corner of your chrome browser, open the options icon (it looks like 3 stacked books)
2. In the drop-down, select “Settings”….
3. Now in settings, scroll down until you see the “show advanced settings” link…. click that…
4. Now scroll down some more until you find the segment called “Languages”
5. Click on the “Language and input settings…” button.
6. In the pop-up menu, select the correct language and then in the right-hand section, click BOTH “Display Google Chrome in this language” and “Use this language for spell checking”.
7. Click Done.
8. Restart Chrome for these settings to take effect.
And Voila! Or should I say “Ta Da!” We’re back into our preferred choice of language dictionaries!
Want to flip between spell-checkers on the fly? Right-click on the misspelled word and in the popup box, under “Spell-Checker options” you will see options to quickly toggle back and forth if you are working with a language that has alternatives available.
Dear Chrome… did you have a nice vacation?
~ Kim ~
Simple Tech Tips For Marketing