Commentluv has long been a staple plugin for WordPress bloggers interested in giving back to their readers through link luv and it’s about to get even more exciting!
While Commentluv Lite will continue to be completely free, I’m going to show you why you’d be absolutely silly if you’re a commentluv user to not upgrade!
Commentluv Premium (aka CL-P) is EIGHT plugins in ONE!
- Commentluv – with new social enticement tools
- DoFollow – for optionally enabling DoFollow for commentors
- KeywordName – similar to keywordluv but integrated fully
- G.A.S.P. – tell spam bots bye bye!
- Trackback Validation – minimize trackback spam!
- No Self Ping (just added)
- Twitter Link – let your visitors show you who they are on twitter
- Top Comment Widget (with CL integration)
Whew! That’s a lotta horsepower for one sexy little plugin!
You have the control you desire too, to use or not use any part of the plugin as you see fit, keeping the power in YOUR hands!
1. Default View: This is what it looks like running under your comment form with Commentluv and GASP and KeywordName enabled. All of the text except the plugin name is customizable!
The memo specifically tells you the rules for getting to take advantage of KeywordName on this particular blog. This is helpful since many blogs will chose different options.
2. Social Enticement! This is what a commenter will see when they begin to comment and open up the drop-down arrow on commentluv looking for alternative links.
Notice how the (customizable) messages let the individual know that by +1, tweet or liking the post they can open up more links (and depending on your settings they may also open up dofollow). This is hot!
3. CL’s Top Commentor Widget: Running in my sidebar, this widget has a number of very useful options for you and does a nice job of obeying your themes styling rules as well as showcasing your adoring fans!
4. TwitterLink Field: Here is one blog’s comment form showing the TwitterLink field. This is how it displays for newer, WordPress 3.0 enabled themes.
For those that like the 5,000 mile up view, the mindmap from the BETA development (which has changed slightly) is available here: http://comluv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/CommentLuv-premium-mind-map-image.png (click to enlarge it)
You’re absolutely going to adore the features of the new Commentluv Premium and the enhancements to your ability to excite, entice, reward and control linkjuice flow as you desire!
Commentluv Premium (in beta) is currently running on this blog and you can check it out for yourself. Please note that you will not see the social enticements if you have more than 5 approved comments as I have that set to give you links all the time after you’re a regular, because I luv ya! (If you want to see them, start leaving a comment using a different email address).
Commentluv Premium will go on sale in the next couple weeks as soon as we finish the beta testing phase and be on the lookout for a early promotional special for those willing to help with extended beta testing when it first arrives too!
Are you excited about the upcoming availability of CL-P? Have you put commentluv to work on your blog? What tips do you have to share for improving blog engagement? I look forward to sharing thoughts in the comments below!