Facebook Comment Box
Yesterday Facebook launched updates to the Comments Box plugin! It now includes great features such as comment threading, new moderation tools and ability to sync comments between your blog and Facebook page. Plus, they added the ability to use it as your page, which is very powerful!
(The import/export does not seem to be working just yet)
You can test drive the new plugin in action on Facebook’s blog at: https://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=446183422130
Facebook VP Dan Rose Explains Comments
To set up the comment system manually is some rather yucky code but fortunately the plugin makes it pretty easy.
Facebook Comments For WordPress is what most prefer. However, I would note that there are 2 “broke” reports out of 8 on the plugin at this moment (likely due to 3.1 being so new).
I do NOT suggest disabling the standard WordPress commenting system except on product launch sites as taking away all of the link love from your readers is a VERY bad idea!
PS: I won’t be adding it until I have time to set down and track down the code required to manually embed it in Thesis. At this time I can not afford another plugin.
- Facebook Rolls Out Overhauled Comments System via techcrunch.com
- Facebook Launches Updated Comment Platform to Socialize Blogs via hubspot.com
- Facebook Launched New Commenting System via shoutmeloud.com
- Facebook’s New Comments Box Plugin via insidefacebook.com
- Should we move to Facebook Comments? via pressography.com