Blogging Success Summit Notes
I’ll be attending the Blogging Success Summit starting this week and am currently working through the bonus trainings and taking some notes I thought you might enjoy.
Find out more about the amazing Summit here:
Finding Readers For Your Blog – courtesy of: ProBlogger.com’s Darren Rowse
Principles of Finding Readers
(1) Chose popular topics for blog/posts
(2) Build Something Worth Being Found – Build Something that helps people and moves them forward in their lives/objectives
(3) Build A Home Base and then Get Off Your Blog and expand your reach
(4 )Build Anticipation – Giving Readers a Reason to Subscribe to an upcoming event/series/etc
(5) Start with the Readers You have – And Fall In Love With them
(6) Build A Sticky Blog
(7) Content Events (about 90% for current readers and 10% for viral link-bait)
(8) Use familiar technologies for subscribing
(9) Persist (Don’t give up)
(10) Promote – but not TOO much!
Techniques for Finding Readers
(1) Guest Posting
(2) Social Media Sites
(6) Pitch other Bloggers
(7) Leverage other online and offline presences
(8) Participate in memes and projects of others
(9) Blogging/web communities
(10) Competitions and awards
(11) Speaking at events and workshops online/offline
(11) Blog Alliances
(12) Present Workshops
(13) Develop reports/whitepapers
(15) Incentivize subscriptions
(16) Interview someone/Be interviewed
(17) Comment on other blogs
(18) Comment on reader blogs
(19) Promote posts or landing pages not just your blog
(20) Advertise (SU, FB, Myspace)
(21) Submit stories to media/press releases
(22) Anticipate big events for search traffic
(23) Press releases
If you don’t already have tickets to take part in this online event, I invite you to join us!
What are your favorite tactics that have been successful for driving traffic to YOUR blog? Which ones would you most advise another to begin with? Which tactics are the easiest/hardest to implement?
Thanks in advance for all the comments, shares and tweets, look forward to reading your comments!