List’s Run Amok!
(How To Delete
Unneeded Facebook Lists!)
Sometimes… too many… is just too many!
Facebook lists are one of the advanced tools that are absolutely ESSENTIAL to staying sane while using Facebook For Business.
It’s incredibly easy to create lists on the fly and modify them overtime.
Often however, after a specific use, we need to delete A Facebook List and that is surprisingly not as easy to figure out how to do!
Fortunately, once you know where the delete button is hidden it’s really easy delete those facebook lists.
Disclaimer: This only works for lists you have created (aka “by You”), not for the new “Smart Lists” that are auto-created by FB including “Close Friends” and “Acquaintances”.
How To Delete A Facebook List
1. Log Into Facebook and click on the word Facebook to ensure you are on the home page.
2. In the left-hand navigation, click on “Friends” (formerly: “Lists”) to open the lists page. You can also get there by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/lists
3. Now click on the name of the list you want to delete.
4. To The Right, click “Manage List” and then in the drop-down select “Delete List”.
5. Click Delete List, confirm, and you’re done!
That’s it! That’s all there is to Deleting a List in Facebook!
Hope you enjoyed this Facebook For Business tip and if it helped you out please share it with others!
Are you using lists for your Facebook management? What other Facebook tips would you like to see covered?
I look forward to reading your comments below!
Your Partner In Online Success
PS: Subscribe to my newsletter to stay up to date on latest news plus cool tips to get the most from your social media marketing! Put your name and address in the box below!
Edited to change navigation elements in the image that alter how you delete a Facebook friend list on 04/17/12.