My favorite autoresponder service, Aweber has a useful tool that lets you send a test copy of the email to your own email account before you send it to your list.
There is a little timer that keeps you from sending a ton of these back to back that protects their server.
Unfortunately sometimes it gets stuck and continues to tell you you must wait a few more seconds…
This is actually a problem at the browser level with the cookie and the simple answer is that you need to clear the cookies in the browser.
While this is straightforward, doing so will log you out of all the sites you’re currently logged into and remove all of the saved cookies that might actually be making your browsing experience more useful.
(I hate having to clear ALL my cookies because it affects so many tabs that I work in at the same time.)
To remove ONLY the Aweber cookies, follow these steps:
* Go in the upper toolbar to Tools > Options > Privacy Tab
* Click on the “remove individual cookies” link (in the Privacy Tab)
* In the Cookies window, in the search field, type in “aweber” (without the quotes)
* Highlight all the aweber cookies and click on the Delete Cookie button
In Internet Explorer:
* Go in the upper toolbar to Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History Section
* Click on the Settings button (in the Browsing History Section)
* Click on the View Files button
* In the search field, type in “aweber” (without the quotes)
* Delete all the aweber cookies
This resulted in the timer working properly and letting me send my test messages again!
This technique is also useful for deleting individual cookies for other sites that may be mucked up!
Hope this helps!
PS: If you aren’t already using Aweber be sure you give them a try… they’re the best in the industry and their $1 test drive is a great way to kick the tires!