Stopping Text From Getting Smooshed Between Share Buttons and Side of Post Boundary
Several people have asked me how to stop text from trying to share a line with the Digg Digg WordPress Plugin.
Here’s how I fixed that.
1. Go to: Dashboard -> Plugins -> Active Plugins ….
2: Locate Digg Digg and find the EDIT button near it.
3. Click Edit to open the Editor.
4. On the Right, Under Plugin Files, select “digg-digg/css/diggdigg-style.css”
5. Scroll Down (or use Ctrl-F to find) till you find .dd_post_share
6. Add A Line under margin-bottom and type in:
(Use the width that works best for your theme. On a 500pixel content box, I found 475px was about right. Too big and it will stick out the left side oddly. Too narrow and it won’t help. )
So once you’ve inserted that, it looks something like:
7. Hit Save & Check the results.
Other than fiddling with it to find the size that works best for you, that’s all you need to do.
Because this is a code level change, updating the plugin will cause it to need to be re-set.
Its not fancy or pretty but it works!
(Of course, so does adding enough buttons that it takes up the space, or taking out some buttons too!)
~ Kim ~
Simple Tech Tips For Marketing