Print To PDF
To The Rescue!
If you can print it, CutePDFWriter can turn it into a PDF!
Earlier, we talked about how to turn a Word document or OpenOffice (for Windows or Mac) document into a PDF e-book (for free).
Sometimes though, we need to turn something “random” into a PDF… perhaps a copy of our blog post, exactly as it displays in the browser… or perhaps that picture from Paint… or… well… really just about anything you could normally print to your printer.
That’s where “Print To PDF” technology comes in!
This is actually relatively old technology which happens to work really really well (oh yeah, and it’s free!)
For Windows, you want to use CutePDFWriter (you also have to install the converter).
Mac folks, these instructions may be what you need.
Brief instructions for Windows CutePDFWriter:
1) Download & Install converter.exe and CuteWriter.exe
2) Open the item you want to turn into a PDF and go to the applications PRINT option.
3) Where you would usually see your local printer listed, open the dropdown and select CuteWriter.
4) Click Print and give it a moment to pre-process the item.
5) Now another dialog box will open on your computer with an old floppy disk looking icon that says PDF. This is your “Save” dialog box where you need to input what you want to call the soon-to-be-PDF.
6) Once you click save, the Printing process will run and shortly the file will be created in the location you specified.
(Essentially this only has 2 extra steps over “real” printing once you have it all installed.)
I’ve used CutePDFWriter for the last 8 or so years and have always enjoyed it and I know you will too!
~ Kim ~
Simple Tech Tips for Marketing