I thought I’d take this opportunity to share with you some of the best posts that I have come across in the last week or so!
Whether you call this “Speed Linking”, a “RoundUp” or a “MashUp”, this is some of the best articles I’ve found recently on my journey around the web.
The idea and “nudge” for this came from a great post about link roundups over at TGC combined with the fact that I’ve been reworking and refreshing my RSS subscriptions over the last 2 weeks.
Here’s a few posts you won’t want to miss:
1. 7 Reasons Your Facebook Page is a Hot Mess via Convince & Convert
If you’re not getting the results you want from your Fan page, odds are great that you’re making one of these mistakes!
2. How do I move WordPress from a subdirectory to the root directory? (Techy Stuff)
If you initially installed WP in a subdirectory, here’s a tip on how you can move it into the root directory if you feel the need.
3. Oh snap, can I (legally) use that photo? via Peg Fitzpatrick
Jack shared a great image on Pinterest… what’s the do’s and dont’s for me sharing that image onto Facebook to my friends? You might be surprised!
4. Use this Amazing Technique to Increase Blog Engagement on Google+ via Mike Allton
If you use Google+, don’t miss this post! ’nuff said!
5. How to credit guest authors with your Twitter share button via Jim Dougherty
The twitter button attribution has long been a pesky issue for guest authors on other author’s blogs. Jim presents a useful workaround solution.
6. Faking It the First Time via Lisa Gerber
Don’t let butterflies get the best of you the first time you step into new territory! Keeping your cool can have big results.
7. Why The Sent From My iPhone Signature is a Great Thing via Jens-Petter Berget
Jens makes an interesting argument for the “sent from my iPhone” signature. Do you agree?
8. 17 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Hosting Webinars via Allison at Blog World
This is a roundup post that will be useful to you if you are dealving into the lovely world of webinar presentations.
9. FTC Commissioner Suprises Marketers With “Reclaim Your Name” Proposal via Marketing Land
The FTC is working hard to find a way to put data ownership back in the hands of the individuals it actually belongs too. Check out this fascinating proposal. If you support it, be sure you get in touch with your congressional representatives.
10. Windows 8.1: a first look at what Microsoft is changing via The Verge
I really enjoy my Win8 touch screen laptop. Version 8.1, a free upgrade, will fix the biggest annoyances. This should smooth the waters. Win 8 is basically Win7 plus the “metro” stuff supplemental but the desktop acts mostly like Win7 and runs almost all of your Win7 apps just fine.
11. YouTube: Gamers Watch a Ton of Our Videos, and They’re Actually Engaged via AllThingsD
Not only do gamers watch longer videos on YouTube than the average but they represent a very active and engaged community on YouTube. Don’t overlook YouTube in your marketing.
12. Free Tool To Generate GREAT Titles for Articles and Blog Posts via TweakYourBiz
This super cool free tool will help you come up with great subject lines. Surprisingly powerful little app for free.
What about you?
Think you have a piece of content awesome enough to be featured here?
Drop by my Facebook page and tell me about yourself and the content and, if it rocks my socks, then you may show up here next time! (No sales posts, sales threads or advertorials please and be sure to mention the roundup.)
Have an amazing week!
~ Kim ~
Simple Tech Tips For Marketing
P.S.S.: This probably will not run weekly due to health limitations. Thank you for your ongoing support, love, and shares <3