28 Day vs 28 Day
May 4th-31st vs June 1st – 28th
(Yes, those ranges look odd, but I like to match peaks and valleys.)
Apparently, someone is out here kicking my ass because I can’t seem to break (and stay!) into the 16k alexa bracket. I’m at 17,130 today but it varies by over 600pts on a weekly basis. Need more traffic…. ;)
Click the images to see the larger view if interested:
Long story short… traffic is up solidly for the second month in a row… after 2 months of minor dips.
In terms of averages, traffic is at an all time high (although June held my highest traffic day).
Facebook page hit 5,000 fans on 07-04-2012
Things I’ve changed in the last handful of months:
(These are above and beyond learning fundamental WordPress SEO, using a optimized theme, using the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin, understanding why keywords are important, learning to score posts with SEOPressor (which I don’t use as often now but was good hand-holding when I was learning), building tribes and doing blog commenting & social shares for backlinks.)
- I altered my use of triberr (a change)
- I added the occassional use of Social Buzz Club
- I’m restructuring my TSA community, which remains some of my leading commentors.
- I opened up reblogging rights/license to my content
- I purchased Blog Engage RSS Syndication Service for a year. Too early to comment on this point.
- While I did not take many trustworthy SEO’s advice to remove auto-keyword linking, I did double check to make sure there were many variations of terms that could be linked to so as to minimize exact-match anchor text frequency. I however have only a fraction of my total links in Pretty Link being auto-linked.
- I remain using PLR in a (low) percentage of my posts, of which some is only barely modified. I do make sure however that this does not constitute a substantial volume of my content.
- I remain publishing content that is a lot shorter than many SEOs are now calling for. My readers often like it. I don’t really care what Google thinks if it’s what my readers will favor and share socially, it creates positive SEO in the end.
- I’ve re-added a better related post plugin than I was using (reinstalled YARPP) to improve interlinking
- I’ve remained (and slightly increased) my strategic use of Zemanta for proving “relevancy”
- I remain dofollow for repeat commentors (or those with social shares) and providing commentluv links (although I have it on my agenda to track down broken comment links and get rid of them, I have not yet done so.)
Definitely not complaining at these numbers over all, though I need to spend some more time working on monetization.
I owe this success to you for your continued support, frequent comments, regular social shares… and for putting up with all the random plugins, beta testing and weird stuff I do here in hopes of being able to tell you about the things I’ve learned!
~ Kim ~
Simple Tech Tips For Marketing
PS: I write a lot more about factors that are important to building traffic over here.