Are you baffled by all the terms and wondering what we’re talking about?
Do you wonder what Syndication Tribes are and how they can help you?
Are you looking for some step by step instructions to make your own Tribe journey work?
Do Power Hour’s Confuse You?
Are you wondering what in the world we could be doing that makes these “Tribes” thrive?
Tribe Syndication (Blogging) Alliances
Simply the hottest thing to hit social media in a long time! They can propel your business forward in a way nothing else can! They can give one individual INCREDIBLE business leverage.
I have additional coverage of Tribe Syndication (Blogging) Alliances coming soon, but with the rapid growth, I wanted to answer the influx of questions! Everyone wants to know…
How Does It Work!
The Tribe Syndication groups I run through SA ) are mostly mixed groups. That makes them Tribes with Training Wheels! They’re a good place to get your bearings and to help everyone get up to speed.
Later, once you understand the simple mechanic that is a “power hour” or a “syndication hour”, you will want to get AWAY from mixed groups with individuals that are not as far along in business/organization development as you are. You want to be teaming with true peers OR mentors. You want to be driven to grow and held accountable for that growth. These “semi-permanent” tribes can also exist on the SA board, with restricted access defined by whoever starts them. I have the community up to be a resource for that and it is fairly easy to accomplish.
If you have not had any hands on involvement with a syndication power hour, you may find some pointers useful.
1. Bring a new, high-quality, fresh piece of value content (blog post) weekly to syndicate within your tribe.
2. Keep your value-post to money-post ratio very high, for example 9:1. You’re tribe mates will syndicate your money posts AFTER they’ve established that you are providing value to their followers. You’re blog should be doing this anyways. You’re twitter stream should be a LOT of @reply names, a LOT of RTs, a LOT of value content, and a rare (let me say that again RARE) money post. These are principles of attraction marketing and if you struggle with that, I suggest you pick up Mike Dillards “Magnetic Sponsoring” ebook (which I am thrilled to be an affiliate for!).
3. The SA tribes, while more than happy to walk you through the immediate basics are not a substitute for high caliber teaching and training. There is some hand-holding but remember these people are your colleagues, not your instructors. Be sure to take personal responsibility for your growth. If you’re ready for or needing classes, I HIGHLY recommend (and affiliate for) Tribe Syndication Mastery Intensive 2.0 (launching in under 2 weeks!, to teach you how to use this powerful new tool), Profit Being You Using Social Media & WordPress (to maximize your blogging and wordpress skills) and also Traffic Formula 2.0 (due to launch in June!, for exceptional ways to create traffic for your networking efforts) by Mike Dillard, author of Magnetic Sponsoring (Speaking of Magnetic Sponsoring, if you haven’t picked up this affordable and game changing ebook and system yet, you don’t know what your missing! Get it here!)
Tribe Syndication Alliance Step-by-Step Outline
Four to Six members arrive on skype and get into a group chat or chat/call together. They each post their most recent value blog post that they wish to have syndicated. Everyone is going to syndicate everyone, so the steps below are repeated for each member.
When I go to a blog…
- Look for anything I can join (Google Friend Connect, Fan/Business Pages, Networked Blogs, Nings) and join it (not autoresponders)
- Leave a HIGH QUALITY comment (yes its hard while we’re all talking, some folks comment later)
- Retweet (RT) the post, preferably customizing (aka “spinning”) it and adding a comment
- Facebook share the post, on your wall and/or page, with a good comment and a tag to the author of the post
- Social Bookmark the page with helpful tags (onlywire if you have it up is usually quickest)
- If there is video involved, right click the video, select view on youtube/viddler, and rate and comment there on the video (have to sign in)
Three final actions:
- Later that day, or the next day, on Facebook, comment on all of the posts that tagged you. Often these were posted on your Tribe Mate’s fan pages and they need the activity boost to help them gain traction for their page. It massively helps your exposure as well.
- Be sure to thank all of your @reply mentions on Twitter. You’re hopefully already doing this daily. (You’re also talking to and getting to know your followers). A Twitter client like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck make this infinitely easier.
- Then go back and reply to all/most of the comments on your blog post. Yes I said reply. Remember this is social media, not a “talk at” stream, you need to engage your commenters and reply and dialog and BUILD RELATIONSHIPS if you wish to be able to monetize that relationship later.
Now that you have the basics under your belt, here’s some “advanced” tips to help you squeeze every last ounce of utility out of that incredible Tribe!
Bonus Points for Maximizing your
Syndication Alliance Results
These tips will launch your Tribe into over-drive! While unlikely to be present in a Tribe with Training Wheels that rotates regularly, these keys are crucial to getting the best results when you form up a static, professional tribe.
- During the week, Tweet and RT their material several times. Be sure that their material is getting into your tweet stream regularly during the week.
- Maximize the new Facebook RT (via) feature by sharing neat things your Tribe Mates post on Facebook with your fan base. This doesn’t need to be their material (no need to double post), but you let their name start showing up by using the share to show “via” who originally posted it.
- On Tribe Mates blogs, check mid-week for new posts, and to reply-to-replies on comments.
- Brainstorm with your tribe what niche each of you has that does NOT directly overlap, something SUPER-narrow usually, and make a habit of each sharing business with the other in those micro-niches. By referring the other, you build their credibility and more importantly your own.
- Producing products and classes and giving your Tribe Mates “SA” Super Affiliate status, so they can benefit by helping you promote! (At least to your semi-permanent tribes!) Also consider discounts on services.
- If your Tribe Mate is an affiliate for something you plan to purchase, help them out by using their affiliate links (unless some one has helped you out a ton and your using theirs as a nice way to say thank you!)
I hope this helps. I know it can feel overwhelming at first, I certainly felt that way! Feel free to ask questions, I’m more than happy to help! These steps give you the power to get your tribes up and running!
Tribe Syndication Alliances are the tool that levels the playing field. Each of you now have the potential to compete with the “big dogs” regardless of your advertising budget (or lack of!) These tips are the icing on the cake that will create cohesion, duration and sustainability of your Tribe!
How have Tribes helped YOU have the success you want? What tricks have you learned to make the Power Hour easier? What advice would you give someone just getting started with Tribe Syndication Alliance? What questions do you have? Leave a comment and I’ll talk to you soon!
Want to learn more about tribes? Check out our Syndication Alliance Community!